YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
The Skin I’m In Company Pty Ltd ACN 624 466 262 t/a Skin I’m In recognises the importance of treating personal information confidentially and is committed to satisfying all legal and ethical obligations regarding the protection of privacy and confidential information.
This statement communicates how we manage personal information and may change from time to time to reflect technological changes, our policy, and feedback from clients and the general public.
Collection, use and disclosure of information
Any personal information you provide to us including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of Skin I’m In and will only use the personal information provided by you for the purposes for which it was collected, and any other authorised use. The information Skin I’m In collects may also be used for its own planning and research purposes to improve its services.
We will only collect personal information from you with your consent. You can access the Skin I’m In website and browse the site without disclosing any personal information. Skin I’m In will protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information and will utilise appropriate security methods to store the information collected and prevent unauthorised access and improper use of the information.
Your information will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be disclosed to a third party without your consent unless required by law.
If you need to access or correct any personal information Skin I’m In holds about you or your organisation, please contact us.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to Skin I’m In and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information.
You may contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org to request any correction, deletion, or copies of your Information. Skin I’m In will comply your requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the Information we store in accordance with any applicable privacy laws, including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Skin I’m In will always take reasonable steps to ensure individuals are aware of the facts and circumstances of collection and the purpose of collection. Skin I’m In take all reasonable steps to ensure that information held by Skin I’m In is safe and secure, and that it is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Individuals can contact Skin I’m In to unsubscribe from receiving direct marketing communications if they choose to do so.
How we collect and hold personal information
Skin I’m In collects your personal information that you voluntarily and knowingly provide when:
1. You submit your details to purchase tickets for a Skin I’m In event or purchase registration of your business for inclusion in the Skin I’m In Black Business Directory via a payment platform such as Stripe or Pay Pal or via email at email@example.com or via our website at www.skinimin.com.au.
2. You submit your details to us via the contact form on our website.
3. You subscribe to our online newsletter.
4. You contact us by telephone, mail or email to make an enquiry about us or our services.
Skin I’m In holds your personal information in hard copy files and electronic files and takes reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is kept secure in accordance with reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures.
Access to and correction of Personal Information
You may request access to your personal information that we hold, and you may seek the correction of such information by contacting our Director on (03) 9016 3610 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints about a privacy breach
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles, you may direct your complaint to our Director at one of the contact points set out above. Our Director will review your complaint and liaise with you directly to resolve your complaint.
Under the GDPR, an individual residing in the European Union has enhanced privacy rights, and provides you with:
- The right to be informed of, and request access to, the Information we process about you;
- The right to require us to correct any personal information held about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to object or withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your personal information;
- The right to object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- The right to restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- The right to complain by filing a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority.
Last updated: February 2019